Trump Drops Drug Test Bomb On Joe Biden

OPINION:  This article contains commentary which may reflect the author’s opinion

On Friday night, Donald Trump reaffirmed his demand that Joe Biden submit to a drug test before their September and January 2020 debates.

This week, the campaigns for Trump and Biden decided to hold two debates on June 27 and September 10.

The former president said that Biden was under the effect of drugs when he gave the State of the Union speech in March while speaking in St. Paul, Minnesota. Fox News commentator Sean Hannity called President Joe Biden “Jacked-Up Joe” and remarked, “He sounded like a hyper-caffeinated, angry, old man,” following his address.

Trump warned the assembly that he would require the US president to submit to a drug test before the debates could begin.

“I just wanna debate this guy, but you know– and I’m gonna demand a drug test too, by the way,” Trump said as the audience cheered. “I am. No, I really am. I don’t want him coming in like the State of the Union. He was high as a kite.”

Trump then looked up.

“I said, ‘Is that Joe up there?’”

The former president said that by the end of Biden’s speech, the president “was exhausted.”

“We’re gonna demand a drug test,” he reiterated.

The future debates will deviate from convention by not having live audiences. Furthermore, the microphone will be shut off for the candidate who is not allowed to speak.

When Biden and Trump argued for the first time, it was an incredible fiasco because then-President Trump kept interrupting Biden and moderator Chris Wallace.

Around the same time Trump demanded from his rally that Biden take a drug test, Biden’s campaign shut down the possibility of a third debate, saying, “the debate about debates is over!”

According to NBC News, the Biden campaign has declined to take part in any more debates with Donald Trump than the two they have already agreed to.

Joe Biden and Donald Trump consented to take part in two debates on Wednesday, one facilitated by CNN and the other by ABC News.

By Friday, Trump was pressuring the Biden team to participate in a third debate that would be televised and hosted by NBC News. Also, Trump agreed to participate in a debate on behalf of his unidentified running partner for vice president.

“On behalf of the future vice president of the United States, who I have not yet chosen, we hereby accept the Fox vice presidential debate,” the Trump campaigned texted to Fox’s Bret Baier who announced Fox’s plan live on the air.

Although Vice President Kamala Harris has already agreed to participate in a debate hosted by CBS News, the Trump campaign has so far chosen the Fox suggestion over the CBS program.

In response to the NBC News/Telemundo offer, a Biden campaign spokesman stated, “The debate about debates is over.” No more games, please.

The Trump team criticized Biden in a statement released on Friday night for declining the third debate and writing off “Hispanic voters.”

“The Telemundo/NBC debate would be widely watched by Hispanic voters, but Biden’s handlers are petrified to allow him to defend his disastrous record,” a campaign spokeswoman said. “Crooked Joe Biden is too ‘cobarde’ to address the Hispanic community and answer for his failures on the debate stage!”

“Cobarde” is Spanish for “coward.”

The agreed-upon hosts of the debates are CNN in Atlanta on June 27 and ABC News at an undisclosed venue on September 10. After eschewing the customary procedure of arranging debates through the Commission on Presidential Debates, both campaigns consented to the debates.

 

COMMENTS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.