Trump Made One Private Call Before Debate – You Need To Know

OPINION:  This article contains commentary which may reflect the author’s opinion

Prior to the first presidential debate on Thursday, former President Donald Trump was still doing things that a White House tenant should.

Trump spent his minutes before the debate calling the mother of a young girl who was allegedly brutally murdered by two illegal immigrants, whereas his opponent, President Joe Biden, spent a week in seclusion before giving one of the worst debate performances in political history, according to The New York Post.

The mother of Jocelyn Nungaray, a 12-year-old girl who was cruelly beaten and murdered by two illegal immigrants released into the United States under Biden’s watch, was “shocked” when the former president called her 10 minutes before the debate, according to The Post.

Victoria Galvan, Alexis Nungaray’s mother and best friend, was with her when the former president called. According to Galvan, Trump informed Alexis that he would not have liked to speak with anyone prior to the debate.

“He was like, ‘I’m actually about to come on for a debate’ … He gave his condolences, and he said that he would be reaching back out to her,” Galvan said to The Post.

“He wanted to … say that he was praying for Alexis and that he’s been thinking about her, and he wanted to reach out. He said that he was going to reach out in a couple days to her … I mean, [Alexis] was really … we were all shocked,” Galvan added.

She stated that she and the mother discussed after the call how Jocelyn would have been taken aback by the former president’s interest to her issue.

Christine Nunez, a cousin of Jocelyn’s grandmother, spoke with The Post outside of Earthman Resthaven Funeral Home and Cemetery, where a ceremony for Jocelyn was held, about how her views on illegal immigration have evolved since the murder.

“I used to feel bad for the immigrants, but ever since this happened, it’s made me change my mind about who to let in and who not to let in,” she said.

“I can’t say all of them are bad — there’s good people, but they need to close the borders and not let everybody in and look at each individual,” she said.

“She had a whole future ahead of her; she was bubbly and fun, and she didn’t follow anybody. She was her own person,” she said.

Tyrone Jones, another mourner who attended the service, told The Post that the government needs to do a better job of determining who is allowed into the country.

“It’s so sad that somebody had to lose their life over something. It’s just unbelievable,” said Jones.

“She was very energetic. When you’d see her she made others laugh, she always spoke. She was just a happy girl,” January Revada, the 12-year-old’s middle school academic adviser, said.

“She cared a lot about her studies. She had friends. She was very nice,” Erie Benson, a secretary at her school, said.

Franklin Jose Pena Ramos, 26, one of the murder suspects, appeared in Harris County Criminal Court on Monday and disclosed that he was wearing an ankle monitor when he allegedly murdered Nungaray.

The ankle bracelet was given to him after he was apprehended by Border Patrol authorities for entering the country illegally and then released from custody. According to ICE, he “illegally entered the U.S. without inspection, parole, or admission by a U.S. immigration officer on an unknown date and at an unknown location.”

According to ICE, Ramos is also on a retainer.

Judge Josh Hill, who presided over Monday’s proceedings, stated that Ramos and the second defendant in the case, 21-year-old Johan Jose Rangel Martinez, were accused of attempting to raise funds to flee town.





Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.






Send this to a friend